Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trying to retire the overhead projectors

I only have so much storage space for outdated equipment. Overhead projectors take up a lot of space, but I can't seem to get rid of them because so many teachers think they're essential. Let's face it, Overheads were great in their time, but now they're a symbol of a backwards classroom. Outside of schools, I doubt one would find any overheads in active use.

So, I tried to be gentle and humorous as I presented to the faculty this year. I brought out an old Polaroid camera and suggested that the Overhead is similarly obsolete. Boy did I get some howls of protest. At least I said what needed to be said and maybe a few will take the message to heart. My Prezi is available for anyone to use or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment